“Mold Removal” vs. Mold Remediation
What’s the Difference?
At SERVPRO of East Cobb, understanding the distinction between "mold removal" and mold remediation is essential to providing effective and comprehensive mold-related services.
Mold removal, while it may seem like a straightforward solution, it only addresses the visible mold without considering the underlying cause. This approach often falls short as it fails to tackle mold spores that may be present in the air or hidden within walls and other porous materials. Without addressing the root cause, mold can easily return, leading to recurring issues.
On the other hand, mold remediation is a more comprehensive process offered by SERVPRO of East Cobb. It involves a systematic approach to not only removing visible mold but also identifying and addressing the source of moisture that is fueling mold growth. By resolving the moisture issue, mold spores are deprived of the conditions they need to thrive, significantly reducing the likelihood of recurrence. Mold remediation also includes specialized techniques to contain the affected areas, prevent further spread during the removal process, and thorough cleaning to eliminate mold spores from the environment.
SERVPRO of East Cobb's mold remediation experts are highly trained and equipped to handle mold-related issues with efficiency and expertise. They follow industry best practices and guidelines to ensure safe and effective mold remediation for both residential and commercial properties in Cobb County. Choosing mold remediation over mere mold removal ensures a long-lasting solution and a healthier indoor environment for property owners and occupants alike.
Signs of Mold? Call Today – (770) 424-0400
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. Learn more about our mold remediation process.
- Emergency Contact - (770) 424-0400
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of East Cobb is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 2190 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: